I thought about the thing to have a rooted Nexus 5 with Android 5 but how??
The answer is: YES it is possible 😀
but Android 5 is for me not completely stable 😐 and it is stable 🙂
IF you have rooted your Nexus 5 with Andorid 5 your system will have an ram overflow after 5 to 15 minutes after power on!!!! – Wait with the update to Android 5 and the rooting of it.I have tried it a second time and after that it works for me now fine.
I have installed the Android 5 on my Nexus 5 with the how-to from the Google developer: Factory Images for Nexus on my Xubuntu-Notebook.
- Download the last Android SDK with the „fastboot“ application in the sub folder „platform-tools/“ and define it as a PATH
- Download the factory-image for your Nexus 5 from the list on the Google developer site and extract that to a folder
- Connect your Nexus 5 to a computer
- Now you have to set your Nexus 5 in „fastboot mode“
- You can do it, by holding down the „power“ + „volume up“ + „volume down“ buttons before pressing anything on your switched off phone.
- Now run the command „fastboot oem unlock“ – that unlocks the bootloader and will delete any data on your phone.
- Open a terminal and navigate to the extracted system image directory
- If step 5 was without any problems then switch over that hole step if not and you use a linux computer then do that among
- Open with an editor the file „flash-all.sh“
- Write at the second line: BOOT=/%dir to your%/fastboot
- Change every „fastboot“ to „$BOOT“
- Now execute „
flash-all“ as root/admin – that will take some minutes
- Linux: ./flash-all.sh
- Windows: flash-all.bat
Now you have a running Android 5 on your Nexus 5.
Now it is time to root your Nexus5:
To do that i have taken that how-to: Root Nexus5 & Nexus 7
- Check if your phone is „oem unlocked“
- If not then do step 4 and 5 from above
- Now set your phone to „fastboot mode“ as the step 4 above
- Download „CF Auto Root“
- Connect your Nexus to your computer
- Now execute „root-linux/windows“
- Linux: ./root-linux.sh
- Windows: root-windows.bat
The CF Auto Root will install the „SuperSu“ APP on you phone with that you can give other programs the right to do something with „sudo“ rights.
Comments and suggestions: iSticktoit.net on Facebook