Docker is the world leading software containerization platform. I tried using GitLab as versioncontrol system and Jenkings as continuos integration system but the system turned out as not completly useful.
In that way a colleague told me about a system he wants to create based on Docker.
What we want:
- a git system under ouer control
- a continuos integration that is flexible and customizable
- every system available per SSL connection
Git Service -> GoGs – Go Git Service
It’s a simple self-hosted Git servise.
- easy to install, cross-platform, lightweight and OpenSourse
It contains everything importent to develop something in collaboration.
Continuos Integration -> drone
It’s a continuous integration platform build on container technology. Every build run will be triggerd by a push to a repository if it’s linked to drone.
- flexible and customizable: by setting up a config file you tell drone what is to do
SSL -> NGINX as reverse proxy
It’s a fine powerfull tool and a nice reverse proxy. With it we are able to provide the GoGs and the drone to the internet more secure and with SSL encryted.
We will colleced the SSL/TLS certificates from a Let’s Encryt service.